Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Garden Ratatouille with Herbed Polenta

This recipe is compliments of McCormick.com. I deviated from the original recipe in a few ways. First, I substituted sliced mushrooms for the eggplant and replaced the can of diced of tomatoes with one fresh tomato, diced. I forgot to add the balsamic vinegar. Finally, I served the dish like so: grilled polenta topped with goat cheese followed be garden ratatouille and homemade marinara sauce. I am glad I made this because it was delicious. I served this with McCormick's Edamame and Corn Salad with Oregano Vinegarette. It was a nice pairing and we will definitely make this again. Thanks McCormick!!

The leftovers of the ratatouille can be recycled into a garden vegetable sandwich (similar to the Eggplant Caponata one that I have made before). Toast your bread. Heat up your ratatouille. Place stuffing inside topped with mozzarella cheese or goat cheese and close your sandwich. Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment